Registered patients (the GP practice)
- We have many same day appointments, appointments you can book days or weeks in advance, and telephone consultations. (If you have an urgent problem needing same day attention, it is best to call the surgery early at 8am-10am)
- If you are a registered patient without an appointment, and want to use the walk-in service, please observe the information in the ‘WALK-IN PATIENT’ section below.
- If you are a housebound patient and unwell, we kindly request you call the surgery before 11am if possible so that we can best accomodate you if a visit is needed.
Helpful Hint, Make the most of your appointment!
By letting our reception staff know some details when booking your appointment, they will be able to offer you the most appropriate appointment length and clinician :
- What your problem is (so you are booked with the correct clinician).
- If you have more than one problem to discuss (our standard appointment length is 10 minutes), or require a longer appointment.
- If an interpreter is needed.
Thank-you for remembering to cancel your appointment if you are running late or cannot make it, so that we can continue to offer more appointments to all patients, every day.
Please come to reception and sign in, and you will see the next available clinician. We thank-you for your patience, as at peak times it can be very busy, and we are sometimes unable to give you an accurate estimate of waiting times.
Helpful Hint, What to expect from your walk-in appointment!
- The service offered to any patient using the walk-in is limited to “immediate or same day treatment only”. The same applies for our registered patients.
We ask that you access your own GP surgery for services such as management of chronic conditions, hospital referrals, medical certificates, and issues of repeat prescriptions.
- We are happy to issue you an emergency supply of one week of repeat medication (with adequate evidence), and 1 month of repeat contraception.
- Please note that we do not have X-ray or blood-taking facilities at the walk-in.
Fill our a simple, secure questionnaire about your health and we'll ring you back with advice, a prescription or an appointment.
To get started, choose your condition below:
- Back pain
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Cold or flu
- Cystitis in women
- Foot pain
- Hay fever
- Knee pain
- Malaria prevention
- Periods - delaying
- Periods - heavy
- Periods - painful
- Rectal bleeding
- Shoulder pain
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or diarrhoea